Monday, January 7, 2013

Creating ocean edge materials for Mental Ray


Simple ocean material









Apply ocean edge material








I used Vertex Pain to create ocean edge before but if design was changed last min. this was not an ideal way to do.
Here I will explain how to create this effect quick and easy. My main point is quick and easy to edit. Not for high detail.

Make a Blend material.
Put white/edge material for Material 1 – I use a wave jpeg image.
Put ocean material for Material 2 – I used A&G water material.
Put Ambient/Reflective Occlusion map for Mask.

Adjust Ambient/Reflective Occlusion map parameter
For this case,
Spread – 3.0
Max distance – 390’









When you add more islands or changing island shape, the edge will automatically update.

3 comments:

  1. I want to try this, thank you very much now I try and tell them that such jejej thanks ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear i was looking for a thousand and one ways to do this and so far I realize, thanks to you ... thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete