Monday, January 9, 2012

Image I/O Error Invalid Image File Header

Once a while, I get this message 'Image I/O Error Invalid Image File Header' when I get a model from Revit. Usually, I replace all materials so it is not a big deal. However, a couple weeks ago I got a project that I didn't need to replace some materials. I use net render and it is a problem now. There were no missing maps but servers couldn't find a couple jpeg images... net render was failed. I was wondering maybe a bitmap path was broken but not... and realized 3ds max can't open some jpeg images. I checked those jpeg images and this is the way I fixed the problem.
Step 1 - Find problem files:
Option 1 - File size. Those jpeg file sizes are bigger than other jpeg in a folder. It looks like over 100 kb.
Option 2 - From a net render error massage. You can find file names.
Step 2 - Photoshop can't open those files but Window's Paint can.
Go to Windows > Accessories > Paint then open/ save images to jpeg again.
Now, the error is gone.

4 comments:

  1. You are welcom:) and glad to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also use one another way to resolve this error & repair corrupt JPEG files that is third party JPEG Repair tool. One of the most popular software is Stellar Phoenix JPEG Repair Software!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard that program. I will check it. Thank you for info:)

    ReplyDelete